Monday, January 10, 2011

 

My girl

My girl,

I am a man of words only, very little action, but above all words. You blow me away with your extravagant laughter, your contagiousness, your courage above all. Everyone is unique in one sense or more than three… You are more than all of that. You are my Henry V. You took the doubters, you shat on everyone’s head and you still made them laugh with you. Sometimes people have to stop and recognize the greatness in others… You are one of the very few, the proud few, the happy few (polish up your Shakespeare). I am so proud to be your father that I have no words to express my affection. Keep on with your life, share it the way you are sharing it now. What purpose is life without sharing it, right? I will send a fastball in the middle, do not worry. This is because you always help me to become a better person.

You still have a long way to go, keep the consistency. The other paths are treacherous and dangerous leading to tears and pain. Stay the course. We all must. Time always runs out. But love will always be there. A sad Papi turns its lonely eyes to you. Where have you gone, like a DiMaggio…? Now you are far but I carry you in my heart.

Remember uncle, love and only love will endure. And like Neil Young would say further, love only love, will break it down. Thanks for the impeccable behavior of affection. That is what I expect.

The best thing I can tell you and the most truthful one. I hope I can be like you one day….

Love, Papi…..

Comments:
I just saw images Of the mudslides and flooding in Teresopolis and nova Friburgo.

Please let me know that you are OK.

Miss you.

millieribeiro@gmail.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter